Management Accountant (MAN-ACC)
Job description and person specification
Here at Aspens, we help children, young people and adults with a range of disabilities, those on the autism spectrum, and/or those with complex needs. Through the provision of highly personalised support, we aspire to enable people to learn new skills, live life to the full and contribute to society however possible.
Following the coming together of Autism Sussex and Pepenbury, we have now launched Aspens, an organisation which is united in offering 100 years of experience and expertise in the South East.
Our support is highly-focused on the individual needs of each person we serve. Our team of specialists offer lifelong support to those with disabilities, those on the autism spectrum, and those with complex needs – helping children transition into adulthood, and adults to realise their potential, fulfil their ambitions and achieve greater independence. We help those we serve to be part of their local community and become contributing members of society however possible. We speak with authority and strive to set the standard of excellence in every area of our work.
Main Purpose of the role
The production and analysis of financial information to support management and decision making. This will enable Aspens to be an efficient, effective and sustainable organisation, able to best provide for our services users and other stakeholders. Working closely with managers to ensure finance is embedded across the organisation, having regard to the needs of funders and upholding standards of quality.
Reporting to the Finance Director
Budgets and Forecasts
Financial and Processing
10. Analyse the financial transactions and establish accuracy of postings.
11. To prepare and post monthly accruals and deferrals for all areas of income and expenditure across the organisation, ensuring the accuracy of our financial reporting.
12. To reconcile key control accounts to ensure the completeness and accuracy of financial reporting.
13. To produce accurate monthly management accounts at department level and on a consolidated basis as appropriate for managers, the Executive team and Board.
14. To work proactively with managers in monitoring financial performance of operations and taking corrective action if problems arise.
15. Prepare the first draft of monthly management accounts pack for review by the Finance Director.
16. To assist in any other way that is deemed necessary to improve the financial and business performance of the Company’s services.
The above duties are a guide to the nature of the work required and are not intended to reflect all the tasks associated with the role.
The organisation reserves the right to alter the contents of this job description, after consultation, to reflect changes to the job or services provided, without altering the general character or level of responsibility.
The duties described in this job must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and people who access our services and is consistent with the organisation’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn of in the course of their employment.