Interim Operations Director
3-6 Months Contract
Salary: Competitive – DOE
Aspens provides support across London, Surrey, Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex and Brighton & Hove.
Our vision is to positively contribute to a world which accepts and understands that people on the autistic spectrum, or with learning, physical or other disabilities, have opportunities to experience a better quality of life, increased independence and self-esteem.
Following a period of consolidation, a new organisational structure has been created to focus upon efficiency and sustainability in this next phase of development.
- To be a role model and to provide visible leadership to operational staff.
- To play a lead role in developing and implementing the strategic plan.
- To be a key member of the Executive Team and to ensure that all areas of the operational team deliver high quality, personalised and cost-effective services to a range of client groups.
- To embody the vision, values and strategic objectives to all staff with the sole aim of improving the lives of those we support.
- To act as the CQC Nominated Individual (N.I) accountable for all CQC regulated services across the organisation and ensure all services are fully compliant with relevant legislation.
- To engage effectively with commissioners and positively impact local relationships.
- To act as the Safeguarding Lead ensuring that all protocols are adhered to.
- To play an active role in the preparation of tenders and grants and other business development plans as required.
- To support Operational Leads to ensure that all Service Managers and their staff have adequate training and development opportunities.
- To ensure that effective financial reporting systems are in place for each service and ensure that Service Managers have autonomy and responsibility for their service budgets.
- Significant experience of lead responsibility for the performance of an operations function in the social care or related sector.
- Extensive safeguarding experience and knowledge.
- Strategic thinker with an ability to deliver performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience of coaching others to success.
- Self-motivated with an empathetic style.
- Positive outlook to overcoming challenges.
- A track record of developing services.
- Tenacious style, able to articulate a vision to staff at all levels.
The above duties are a guide to the nature of the work required and are not intended to reflect all the tasks associated with the role. If you’d like to see a full job description, please call Bianca McPhee on 0330 335 8997.
About us: Following the coming together of two leading care providers in Sussex and Kent, Aspens is united in offering over 100 years of experience in helping children, young people and adults with a range of disabilities, those on the autism spectrum, and/or those with complex needs. Through the provision of highly personalised support, we aspire to enable people to learn new skills, live life to the full and contribute to society however possible.